CERN Protocol Office is appointed by the Director-General to handle all aspects of the CERN visit or participation in a CERN event for the directorate’s most important guests. In addition the team is responsible for the protocol aspects of CERN events.
- Protocol. Establish and ensure the enacting of the precedence and procedure governing a ceremony, visit or event.
- Internal and external coordination. As the central contact point for the programme coordinate internal and external services involved during the preparation period and on the day.
- Time management. On the day ensure that the established and agreed time is respected throughout the programme.
- Trouble-shooting. In case of the unexpected or last-minute alterations in the programme make the necessary changes and coordinate activities down-line.
- Responsibility. The Protocol Officer is accountable to the Director-General for the professional running of the programme.