The Visitors & Local Engagement section has responsibility for providing a coherent outreach offer to the public through public visits, exhibitions, and events for the public both on CERN sites and in the local area. It also helps improving the interface between the Organization and some local partners, such as schools, international organizations, associations, media...
The mandate includes in particular:
- Through CERN’s Visit Service, operate, manage and develop guided tours offered to all kind of visitors (children, students, general public, scientists, industries, administrations…): itineraries, reservations, communication, guides, safety etc.
- Organize regular interactions of the public with CERN science and CERN people through a program of events both on and off-site, especially in the Globe of Science and Innovation.
- Manage private events organized in the Globe with the support of the CERN & Society Foundation.
- Manage and operate CERN Reception and CERN’s Public Shop.
- Operate and maintain Globe of Science an Innovation, permanent exhibitions and visit points.
- CERN guided tours
- Permanent Exhibitions and Passport to the Big Bang
- Public events
- Local Engagement
- CERN Shop
- Globe of Science and Innovation