Administrative student: CERN Courier editorial assistant
You will work in CERN's education, communication and outreach group, reporting to the CERN Courier editor. You will play a key role in contributing to CERN Courier’s print and digital products, showcasing developments in international high-energy physics. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for particle physics who wants to build their portfolio in science journalism.
Among your tasks will be:
- Liaising with the CERN and global high-energy physics communities to gather and produce editorial material;
- Interviewing, fact checking, researching ideas/pictures;
- Creating, updating and managing online content and distribution databases;
- An ongoing Bachelor or Master degree in physics or a closely related field;
- Previous experience in writing/editing/publishing would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to respond positively to critical feedback;
- An excellent command of English.
This vacancy is within the Administrative Student Programme, within which students can spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given. The expected start date is 1 September 2020.