Assistant Coordinator for SPARKS!
With the support of the CERN & Society Foundation, CERN is launching an annual two-day multidisciplinary science innovation forum and public event. Sparks! the serendipity forum at CERN, will bring together renowned scientists from diverse fields around the world, along with decision makers, representatives of industry, philanthropists, ethicists and the public to bring a novel, multi-faceted approach to addressing some of the big questions of our time. The goal? To foster a new community and develop a platform to spark innovation in issues related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics relevant to society, necessary for CERN, and that further CERN’s mission of science for peace.
The theme of this first edition of Sparks! is “Future Intelligence”. The event will take place over two days. During day 01, around 70 professionals of AI, neuroscience, psychology and ethics will discuss the direction of AI on a forum format. On day two we will host a public event to an audience of 700 people.
You will work side by side with the coordinator and curator of the event and must be flexible and adaptable in order to deal with whatever logistical needs that may arise. Your primary role is to liaise with speakers, guests and provide support to all the logistics of event planning. Organization, self-motivation, capability to work in team and under pressure are essential. Experience in events organization is a plus.
- Assist project manager on all tasks related to team coordination, such as set-up meetings, take minutes, maintaining the project timeline updated, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the event such as dealing with vendors and their contracts
- Support the speaker’s travel and accommodations coordinator in welcoming speakers with tasks that include registration, production of individualized welcome packs, etc.
- Help manage invitations and communications with guests
- Support the creation of communication pieces for social media campaign
- Assist with the final report for stakeholders, which includes final budget and post-event evaluation
- Fluent in spoken and written English, French is a plus
- Fluent with all MS Office applications, like Word, Excel, etc.
- Familiar with web based project management platforms such as Google drive or similar
- Familiar with event management software such as Eventbrite or similar
- Familiar with trends, status and user behavior of digital marketing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- A teamwork and adaptable approach
August to November 2020 in Geneva, Switzerland (might be able to start earlier if coupled with other projects within CERN)
HOW TO APPLY
This position is offered under the CERN administrative student program and is open to undergraduate students from CERN member states. You must remain enrolled with your educational establishment for the duration of your contract. To apply, please click the link below remember to add SPARKS! in the message to the hiring manager.