Teacher & Student Programmes Administrative Assistant
The CERN Teacher and Student Programmes section is a young and dynamic unit, in which you would play an integral part assisting with the daily operations and helping the Teacher and Student Programmes managers to operate their diverse set of programmes, which includes but is not limited to the Teacher Programmes, the S’Cool LAB, the Beamline for Schools Competition, and the High-School Students Internship Programme.
The assigned tasks include:
- assisting the preparations of the different programmes (hostel, restaurant, travel booking, etc.), including the preparation of programme materials
- communication with various groups of stakeholders
- managing room bookings and CERN online planning platform (Indico)
- coordinating the organisation of visits with the visits’ service
- follow-up of the programmes in general
- English required, French and/or German would be of advantage
- good sense of organization
- expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- adaptability and capacity of working in a team but also independently
- good communication & presentation skills
This position is a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of the administrative and scientific personnel of the world’s leading laboratory in particle physics in Geneva, Switzerland. Meet outstanding experts in the education, management and scientific domains and learn from their expertise! You will find yourself working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment; an extremely enriching personal and professional experience.
(Please note that mentioning the keyword “TSP-ADMI2020” in your application will guarantee you will be considered for this particular project.)