Are you a creative thinker with excellent communication skills, keen to work in one of the world’s largest scientific organisations? The CERN Press Office is the focal point for media worldwide interested in CERN, and is part of CERN’s Media and Digital Communications section. Its mission is to deliver CERN’s key messages to media and guarantee the positive image and reputation of the Laboratory. The Press Office welcomes journalists (on-site and digitally), prepares and pushes press releases, provides media monitoring and training, and deals with crisis communication within CERN.
As a Fellow in the press office team, you will:
- Contribute to the different stages of external communication projects and campaigns, mainly press releases and media kits;
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring activities related to media and external communication projects and activities, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and project reports;
- Address journalists’ requests and update the existing media database;
- Organise press visits (individual and in groups, on-site or online) and take part in the organisation of press events and media training courses for CERN members;
- Update the Press Office’s website and provide administrative support for the Press Office;
- Share resources and assist with other activities related to media and digital communication as requested.
Prerequisites and skills
- Previous experience in communication related to science, technology, industry, and knowledge or technology transfer. Good knowledge of the media landscape and media relations;
- Some experience in several of the following fields: event organisation; social media; preparing talking points and fact sheets; newsletter editing; content creation (writing, presentations, audio-visual material); evaluation and monitoring of communications plans; report writing; public relations; public understanding of science; science communications; web development (e.g., Drupal);
- Excellent ability to communicate with diplomacy; teamwork skills;
- Ability to collaborate with a great diversity of interlocutors;
- Organisational and planning skills, ability to solve problems swiftly and autonomously;
- Proficiency in French and/or English. An additional language will be an asset.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible and no later than 31 January 2021.
Job title to mention in the application: "Press Officer Fellowship"