CERN’s exhibitions team is currently preparing the new exhibitions for CERN Science Gateway, the new education and outreach facility, designed by architect Renzo Piano, which will open to the public in 2023 (see http://sciencegateway.cern/home).
Three exhibitions are under development: Discover CERN, Our Universe and Quantum world. All of them a mix of interactive exhibits, objects, audio visuals and scenography. We will soon enter the construction and media development phase.
The small, multicultural and dynamic exhibitions team is looking for a colleague to coordinate different technical aspects of the development and installation of these exhibitions.
- Collaborate with other members of the exhibitions team, external and internal suppliers for the development and installation of the Science Gateway exhibitions.
- Contribute to technical aspects (e.g.. electrical requirements, floorplans, …) of the development and installation of the exhibitions for Science Gateway by interfacing with suppliers and in-house teams.
- Bring together all stakeholders for technical decisions relating to the development of the exhibitions (operations-related, safety-related, …).
- Assist with technical aspects of follow-up of in-house exhibit construction
- Ensure liaison with maintenance team (for ensuring good practise in exhibit design, taking into account maintenance requirements and also during installation phase, setting up a preventive maintenance plan to prepare for operations).
- Working with colleagues in the exhibitions team, Science Gateway suppliers and the safety team, compile the safety files for the new exhibitions. Liaise with CERN safety experts to prepare inspections prior to opening.
- Coordinate dismantling, transport and integration of ’special cases’ such as artworks and heavy exhibition pieces.
- During exhibition installation, provide support for our main suppliers and coordinate the interfaces with CERN teams
- Prepare training for exhibition “animators" in collaboration with colleagues in the Education labs and Visitor Services teams.
For more information or applications:
Patricia Verheyden IR-ECO-EXH