Are you passionate about Higgs bosons? Do you have a flair for a phrase? Do you want to work at the world’s leading particle-physics laboratory communicating the latest developments in high-energy physics to a global audience?
CERN has an opening in its Education, Communications and Outreach group to join the small editorial team of CERN Courier (https://cerncourier.com/) – the international magazine for high-energy physics established in 1959.
Reporting to the Courier editor, you will play a key role in contributing to the magazine’s print and digital products, showcasing developments in international high-energy physics. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a strong interest in physics and writing who wants to build their portfolio in science communication / journalism.
Among your tasks will be:
- Liaising with the CERN and global high-energy physics communities to gather and produce editorial material;
- Interviewing, fact checking, researching ideas/pictures;
- Creating, updating and managing online content and distribution databases;
- An ongoing Bachelor or Master degree in physics or a closely related field;
- Previous experience in writing/editing/publishing would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to respond positively to feedback;
- An excellent command of English.
This vacancy is within the Technical Student Programme, within which students can spend a training period of 6 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given. The expected start date is 5th January 2023.
For further details and to submit your application, please, go to the CERN Technical Student Programme pages: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CERN/tech
Please, note in your application form that you are interested in the post of CERN Courier editorial assistant.
If you have specific questions for the post, you can contact as well the CERN Courier editor: https://cerncourier.com/p/about-cern-courier/