At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the Universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Are you keen to work in one of the world’s largest scientific organisations?
CERN has an opening for an Early Career Graduate as a digital editor within the Media and Digital Communications section in the Education, Communication and Outreach (ECO) group of the International Relations (IR) sector.
In the Media and Digital Communications section (PRD), the digital editor works alongside the social media team, web team and press office.
As a digital editor, you will:
- Update or create content for home.cern, liaising with content contributors and technical contacts.
- Promote online content through web page redesigns, improved taxonomy terms and functionality.
- Advise content creators of best practices and in-house styling for online content.
- Provide web statistics reports, dashboards and analysis to inform improvements to online content.
- Participate in web team meetings, sprints and tests to improve online content and functionality.
- Support the social media team as needed, in particular editing content for clarity.
- Share resources and interact with other communication teams in the Media and Digital Communications section and the ECO group.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate, with a university degree (BSc or MSc) level and no more than 2 years of post-graduation professional experience;
- Kindly note that experience prior to the latest obtained degree will not be taken into account for the calculation of your overall years of experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- Interest in science and technology. A STEM background would be an advantage, but it is not a requirement.
- Proficient in English (ideally C2); knowledge of French is an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience of web editing, particularly using content management systems.
- Organisational and planning skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to solve problems.
- Excellent ability to communicate with diplomacy.
- Desire and ability to work in a team within a large international organisation.
This vacancy is within the CERN Graduate Programme – Early Career professionals (Origin).
The expected start date for the post is 01.10.2023.
Ready to take part? Then please submit your application by 3 July 2023 at noon (12.00 PM CEST).
For further details and to submit your application, please, go to the CERN Graduate Programme pages