Student opportunity in CERN’s exhibitions team from September 2024 for 12 months
Join the team responsible for exhibitions in CERN’s Science Gateway, at visit itineraries across the CERN site and for special events for CERN’s 70th year. This is an opportunity to work in an international environment, to gain a wide variety of science communication experience and to be involved in exhibition projects in an exciting year for CERN. Take part!
As a member of CERN’s exhibitions team, you will work with colleagues to carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to the wider work of the team, including general administrative tasks such as placing orders, organisation of meetings, booking rooms, registering visitors;
- Follow up on both content and logistics issues with our suppliers;
- Participate in data taking for the evaluation of content with audience groups
- Help with the follow up of external requests from other museums for use of CERN exhibition material.
In addition to this, you will have plenty of opportunities to develop content for our exhibitions, write texts, contribute to the training of guides, carry out audience research or collaborate on the many other activities of the team, according to your specific interests and profile.
- Excellent language skills in English and/or French. Knowledge of the other language would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Organisational and planning skills, able to solve problems swiftly and autonomously
- A good team player
- An interest in physics and a science communication qualification would be an advantage
- You are enrolled in a university course for the duration of the work experience.
This vacancy is for work based at CERN within the Administrative Student Programme, within which students can spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master). An extension of up to a total maximum of 14 months may be given.
Your application along with all supporting documents should reach us no later than March 11th 2024 (at noon: 12:00 CET).
Please note in smart recruiters that you are interested in working with the "Exhibitions team" as this is a CERN-wide recruitment. Without this mention, it is difficult for the hiring manager to identify you for this specific role. The mention will not exclude you from being considered by other teams, in case you are wanting to cast your net wider.