You will share the web team’s work and take part in design and development sprints for the CERN core websites, web tools and web applications, in a role combining web development and website management.
The main prerequisite is a desire to learn, and an enthusiasm to work as part of the web team. The ideal candidate will be a full-stack web developer with the following competencies:
- Experience with database/repository design: database management systems (PostgreSQL and MySQL);
- Experience with software development tools (e.g. PhpStorm, PyCharm, WebStorm etc.);
- Experience with UNIX based environments;
- Experience with Drupal 8 content management system; experience in building and supporting Drupal themes and modules;
- Experience with configuration management: building/maintaining configuration templates & parameters (Openshift and OpenStack); container-based technologies (e.g. Docker) would be a plus.
- Experience with Git version control system.
- Delivering high-quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements; testing solutions for long-term suitability, cross-checking with all concerned before implementation.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Good knowledge of English is required (knowledge of French a plus).
How to apply
Please state that you are applying for the Fellowship: Full-Stack Web Developer for the Web Team in the motivation section of the application form.
Deadline to submit applications: 1 September 2020