At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Are you passionate about visuals, design and science?
Would you like to take part in a dynamic team of experienced designers, working at the world’s leading Particle Physics laboratory?
Come and join the Visual and Design team for a period of 2 years!
CERN has an opening for an Early Career Graduate in the Editorial Content Production section in the Education, Communications and Outreach (ECO) group in the International Relations (IR) sector.
The selected candidate will be passionate about graphic design with a strong interest in science.
As part of the CERN’s Design team, you will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the areas/activities listed below:
- Provide design concepts and execute creative, high-quality designs from concept to delivery.
- Embody brand guidelines to create cohesive multi-channel visual assets across a multicultural, multitask environment.
- Design and prepare print assets for publications, brochures, posters, long form content and information design in general.
- Collaborate very closely with the ECO group on creating and defining branding guidelines for events and new projects.
- Contribute to projects and work with teams across the IR Sector and CERN.
In addition to further expanding their Graphic Designer skills in an international research laboratory, the successful candidate will gain knowledge about high-energy physics, latest technology developments and international collaboration in a unique multicultural environment.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State;
- Graduate Diploma (BSc or MSc). If you have an MSc diploma no more than 2 years relevant experience after obtaining the degree.
Essential skills and experience:
- A portfolio with specific examples of design work.
- Proven experience or knowledge of working with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proficiency of working with PowerPoint and Word in a design environment.
- Desire to learn from experts and work in teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and communication skills.
- Knowledge of English and/or French.
This vacancy is within the CERN Graduate Programme – Early Career professionals (Origin).
The expected start date for the post is 01.09.2023.
For further details of the CERN Graduate programme and to submit your application, please, go to the CERN Graduate Programme pages
Please send us your application by 16.01.2023, 12.00 CEST