Social Media Intern
Are you a creative thinker with excellent communication skills, keen to work in one of the world’s largest scientific organisations?
The CERN Social Media team is part of CERN’s Media and Digital Communications section in the Education, Communications and Outreach (ECO) group of the International Relations (IR) sector. The Media and Digital Communications section includes the Social Media team, the Press Office, the web team, and the digital editor.
We have a student intern position available for a period of 3 to 6 months in the Social Media team.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the different stages of external communication projects and social media campaigns;
- Contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of CERN social media activities, related to external communication projects and activities, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and project reports;
- Share resources and assist the CERN social media team with other activities related to media and digital communication as requested.
Required skills and background:
- A strong interest in science and technology;
- A strong interest and motivation for social media, including channels beyond Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Good communications and presentation skills;
- Some experience in communications and/or marketing related to science, technology, knowledge and technology transfer, in a multicultural setting would be an advantage;
- Must be proficient in English (at least C1); proficiency in French is also an advantage, but is not required;
- A team player.
In addition to your CV and the application form, your application can include examples of your own social media content on any channel, especially content related to science and technology.
- Learn more about CERN activities at the laboratory where the World Wide Web was invented and the Higgs boson was discovered;
- Learn about the latest physics results at CERN, as well as advances related to engineering & technology innovations;
- Liaise and expand your network with experts in social media, science communicators, science, and technology within CERN’s 23 Member States, 10 Associate Member States, and globally.
This vacancy is within the Short-term Internship Student Programme at CERN, within which students can spend a training period of up to 6 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master).
If you are interested:
- Please, apply to the Short-term Internship programme and note in your application form that it is for the Social Media Internship in the IR Sector. You must be enrolled in full-time studies for the duration of the Internship.
- Please, send an e-mail to the CERN Social Media team as well: email@example.com
Please send us your application by 31st August, 12.00 CEST