Guide Community Manager and Visit Service Officer in the International Relations Sector (IR), Science Gateway Operations (SG), Visitor and Event Operations (VI).
You will join the International Relations Sector (IR), Science Gateway Operations Group (SG) that is responsible for operating the CERN Science Gateway , outreach in the local area, as well as travelling exhibitions on a global level and outreach activities in the local area and abroad, ensuring smooth operations, efficient use of resources available, identifying and managing external resources, technical support, coordinating various programmes of activities in the Science Gateway and beyond. CERN Science Gateway aims at engaging the public with the science, the discoveries, the technologies and the people working at CERN; inspiring the next generation to explore a career in science and technology and empowering visitors of all ages to make sense of the science that shapes their lives.
The group is composed of professionals covering all its activities: event managers, visitor reception specialists, shop managers, technical support and facility management team etc.
You will join the Visitor and Event Operations section (VI), which is responsible for organising the guided tours at CERN and other visit activities, operating the CERN Shop, supporting the hosting of internal, public and private events, and coordinating the assignment and training of guides for CERN’s education and outreach programmes.
This post addresses two related strands within CERN’s visit service: organization of visits by the general public, and management of education and outreach guides at CERN. Together, these strands ensure a holistic and rewarding visitor experience, aligned with CERN’s communication goals.
As CERN Guide Community Manager, you will contribute to strengthening the culture of volunteering for education and outreach across CERN by:
- developing and implementing regular recruitment campaigns, working closely with teams in IR and across CERN;
- expanding and implementing a training programme, encompassing scheduling, logistics, certification and monitoring;
- preparing content for the training programme, working closely with teams in IR and across CERN, as well as with external trainers;
- developing support material for guides, encompassing fact-sheets and storytelling;
- carrying out regular monitoring of guides’ training, activities as well as visitor satisfaction through evaluation;
- managing the community of guides: strengthening and developing the community in line with best practice.
As Visit Service Officer, you will:
- be responsible for development and maintenance of the official guides website;
- contribute to the updating of the visit.cern official website;
- contribute to the coordination of the Visit Service team;
- coordinate visit requests (groups, VIP/Protocol, special programmes, external partners, professional visits etc.)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Communications, International Relations, Event Management or a related field.
Proven experience in community engagement/management.
The following experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in a science centre/museum or research laboratory with education and outreach activities
- Knowledge of other languages besides French and English
- Knowledge of CERN, its outreach programmes and guided tours
- Use of online communication tools: e-mails, Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) etc.
- Internal communications: monitoring and evaluation
- Project management: including reporting to different stakeholders
- Use of office software packages
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting Remaining objective, focused and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems
- Working in Teams: cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals.
- Solving Problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them
- Communicating Effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented Expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point
Excellent spoken and written English is essential. Proficiency in French would be an advantage, or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 23.07.2023 midnight CET.
For further details and to submit your application, please, go to: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CERN/743999914646409-guide-community-manager-and-visit-service-officer-ir-sg-vi-2023-86-ld-